Amazing Asian Influencers You Should Follow

Happy Asian American-Pacific Islander Month!


In honor of this month and being a proud Asian American woman, I put together a list of Asian influencers that I follow on social media.

I found that being in a college which lacked diversity began to eat at me and made me feel "wrong" for looking and being Asian. I had never felt this way in my life growing up, and so to fix this lack of representation, I turned to social media so that I could saturate myself in images of beautiful, strong, Asian American women and not feel like the odd person out. I also joined Suble Asian Makeup/Beauty on Facebook to see images of beautiful Asian women too! Some frequent posters are even adoptees!

Beauty Gurus

  1. Ellen V Lora
  2. PrincessMei or Mei Yan (Cantonese, like me!)
  3. Jessica Vu or jessyluxe
  4. Sourandnasty
  5. Chriselle Lim (aka Rich Mom. Korean with the cutest kids)
  6. Jen Chae (frmheadtotoe)
  7. heyclaire (Korean Adoptee)
  8. imjennim
  9. wendyslookbook (Vietnamese, was in American foster care)
  10. Michelle Phan (the OG Beauty Guru)

Actresses (I'm not a big movie person, but I do follow these people)


  1. Michelle Yeoh
  2. Aokbab (Starred in Bad Genius)
  3. Awkwafina

World of Asian American YouTubers (non-beauty guru edition)


  1. Safiya Nygaard (half-white, half-Indian) and her husband Tyler (half-white, half-Chinese), they are so cute and have series about Japan, Korea, and China, as well as other things, like melting lipsticks!
  2. Leendadong (Leendadproductions) - comedy
  3. Anna Akana - comedy
  4. Nigahiga - comedy
  5. Wong Fu Productions (Yappie was fun to watch with my parents!)
  6. Fung Bros
  7. aka Dan (his documentary about his Korean adoption is on ISAtv)
  8. Hellen Wu (Asian Boss Girl Podcast)

Comments

Popular Posts